Converting a garage or building a new accessory dwelling unit is beneficial in the city of Los Angeles because of the following:
- City management supports accessory dwelling programs and makes the process simple.
- It allows building up to 1,200 sq. ft. with three bedrooms, whereas other cities allow as little as 500 sq. ft.
- The city permit fees are lower than many other cities in LA County.
- The city of Los Angeles has a large demand for housing which keeps growing every year and subsequently increasing the rent on rental properties.
Other benefits to consider with this investment are:
- The investment does not require new land and the dwelling unit is located on your own property
- Garage conversion or new unit construction costs are cheaper than purchasing a new rental property
- Increases existing property value
- Provides stable extra income
For more information about rules and configurations, as well as benefits of building ADUs in the city of Los Angeles, you can click here or contact us at:
ADDRESS: 111 E. CEDAR AVE. #202, BURBANK, CA 91502